In 2016, it was estimated that 49 million tons of e-waste got discarded by the world’s population. If current trends continue, that number will rise above 60 million tons in the next few years.
The environmental problems confronted by e-waste are a major challenge and it’s getting more serious each year. It’s been estimated that more than 4 million tons of e-waste ends up in landfills every year, and they contain an over-sized quantity of non-biodegradable deadly substances. Mercury, lead, barium, and arsenic can be found in certain electronics, and these noxious metals can seep out of landfills and contaminate the soil and water, posing serious health threats to nearby residents.
These problems are eradicated when e-waste gets recycled. Recycling is a viable and proven solution that eliminates the harmful and dangerous effects of e-waste disposal. That is why we strongly emphasize to call your local Eco-friendly junk removal services which is us, Earthwise Hauling! We offer full service removal for all electronic waste and we also work with metal, electronics, and plastic recyclers to make sure your waste gets disposed of safely.
Examples of E-waste
- Large household appliances (refrigerators/freezers, washing machines, dishwashers)
- Small household appliances (toasters, coffee makers, irons, hairdryers)
- Information technology (IT) and telecommunications equipment (personal computers, telephones, mobile phones, laptops, printers, scanners, photocopiers)
- Consumer equipment (televisions, stereo equipment, electric toothbrushes)
- Electrical and electronic tools (handheld drills, saws, screwdrivers)
Toys, leisure and sports equipment
- Automatic dispensers.